Nyhammars herrgård

The Nyhammar ironworks setting.

 

Opening times:
Bed & Breakfast, shop and café
Wintertime open Wed-Sun, 11-17
Summertime every day 11-17
B&B open all year round.
www.nyhammarsherrgard.se

 

Ironworks, Russian tsar, King Gustav V, Park, Horses, Nature

 

The name Nyhammar implies that a new forge had been built, which in fact happened at the beginning of the 18th century, “The New Forge” at Frötjärn. Nyhammar is situated in the middle of the ironworks land around Grangärde with its roots in the Middle Ages.The iron maker Abeck´s smelting house was built in the15th century and constitutes the foundations of today´s big industrial company, the Nyhammars bruk AB.

 

The Mansion was built in 1825 and the Villa around the end of the 19th century. The Villa also housed the administration of the ironworks. On the second floor there were a number of splendid rooms for prominent guests. The Russian Tsar and company stayed here in August 1913. At that time you could travel here by railway. The last train from Nyhammar left for Ludvika in 1985.

 

Today the Nyhammar Mansion is private property. The owners run a café, a shop and a B&B in the Villa.

 

 

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestlinkedinmail